16.12.08

SNOW.

(sno... oh yes, they go on and on!)

It's easy to forget how wonderful it is to be the first to walk in morning snow. I just wish I were with my boots in Kansas City.  Makes me think about snow days: I could have slept in, but instead woke up early to take my dog for a walk and be one of the first on Suicide. School--a block away--was too hard to get to, but no sidewalk conditions could keep us off that hill.

Thank god for radiators. How else would my toes have ever thawed?

Reviews are good for the following:


Last night I had a dream (a real dream).  Bicycle pirates were following me through the dead ends of overland park.  It was all alleys and unlistening houses set back on too much land to hear my wind-chapped yells.  They had jankity bikes spraypainted black, but knew their turf.  They wanted my bike and my booty.  After a cat-and-mouse game--in which they knew I was faster than them, but still managed to cut me off at every turn--a 24-hour Borders appeared out of nowhere.  I ran inside, trying to yell "POLICE," but it just came out "pol.."  "pol.."  The mile of cash registers was manned by an army of young women asking impatient christmas shoppers if they'd like to donate a children's book.  I didn't know how to begin to be a cog in that works.  But Ashley Banks appeared with Sunday's Time Magazine (the year in ideas, alphabetically listed).  The policeman wrapped me in a space blanket as we went outside to look at the scene of the crime.  For some reason, the pirates decided they couldn't have my whole bike so I was left with a rear wheel with slashed tire and a stripped frame.  We vowed to rebuild.






p.s. it's wintertime and you may not have seen your toes in a while, but don't forget to clip your toenails!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

c:c:c:
i'm excited about radiators
"esomew"

лора said...

ohhh suicide hill. i got my nose broken there for the first time.